Big Data Analyst
Alphamatician is a cutting edge startup focused on harnessing social data to create tools to help make better and more timely investment decisions.
The candidate will be a talented and smart individual that is passionate about working as a big data analyst in an entrepreneurial environment. The candidate will support the team’s scraping and production system needs. Our robust web scraping technology and our product delivery services need to be highly-available and highly-scalable while simultaneously running multiple data operations processes. We are seeking a self-directed individual willing to own the responsibility of our live data operations. Finally, the ideal candidate will understand the critical importance of delivering seamless, high quality customer service.
This job is made for someone who requires minimal training and will be able to quickly start adding value in the key processes of our young, high-growth company.
Key responsibilities include:
• Design, setup, maintain, measure and improve web scraping processes
• Contribute to best practices in data capture, constantly thinking of innovative ways to improve these processes
• Fix and troubleshoot our complete data capture processes
• Constantly innovate in your core area of responsibility and work with senior management to implement best practices company-wide
• Develop and implement tools to improve our Engineering team
• Solid understanding of writing SQL code in a MySQL environment
• Knowledge of PHP.
• Independent thinker and problem solver
• Passion for the application of technology to solve real-world problems for end users
• High attention to detail and passion for quality of work
• Great communication skills and an ability to thrive in a low-overhead environment
• Understanding of Ajax and JQuery is a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• A four year bachelor’s degree (or in the process of earning one) from an accredited university in an IT-related engineering field or equivalent experience. Graduate level work is a plus.
• Some real world understanding of the financial services sector is a plus.
If you are talented, smart, interested in being part of a new, cutting edge technology and looking to work with a truly innovative company, we look forward to hearing from you!